WSIT Binary Attachment Scheme (MTOM/XOP)
- What is and Why XOP/MTOM?
- SOAP with Attachment vs XOP/MTOM
What is and Why XOP & MTOM?
Motivations for XOP and MTOM
- Two options of sending binary data via XML
- Option #1: Embedding - Base64 encoding
- Option #2: Referencing - SOAP with Attachment
- Problem of Base64 encoding
- Increased size of the data
- Added performance overhead
- Problem of SOAP with Attachment
- Data is external to the document, and it isn't part of the message Infoset, thus requires two different ways of processing data
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.