- What is and Why Spring Batch?
- Spring Batch Architecture
- Running a Job
- Configuring a Step
- Built-in ItemReaders and ItemWriters
What is and Why Spring Batch?
Motivation for Batch Processing
- Many applications within an enterprise require bulk processing to perform business operations that include automated, complex processing of large volumes of information that is most efficiently processed without user interaction
- Time based events (e.g. month-end calculations, sending notices or correspondence on monthly basis)
- Periodic application of complex business rules processed repetitively across very large data sets (e.g. insurance benefit determination or rate adjustments)
- Integration of information that is received from internal and external systems that typically requires formatting, validation and processing in a transactional manner into the system of record
What is Spring Batch?
- Lightweight, comprehensive batch framework designed to enable the development of robust batch applications
- Built upon the design principles of Spring framework
- POJO-based development approach
- Ease of development
- Provides reusable functions that are essential in processing large volumes of records, including
- transaction management
- job processing statistics
- job restart, skip
- resource management
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.