- What is and Why Asset Pipeline?
- How to use Asset Pipeline
- Asset Pipeline in Development
- Asset Pipeline in Production
- Asset Helper Method
What is and Why Asset Pipeline?
- Introduced from Rails 3.1 via Sprockets gem
- Prior to Rails 3.1 these features were added through third-party Ruby libraries such as Jammit and Sprockets
- Rails 3.1 is integrated with Sprockets through Action Pack which includes the Sprockets gem, by default
- What is Sprockets gem?
- Sprockets is a Ruby library for compiling and serving web assets
- Asset pipeline is enabled by default
- In Rails 3, as part of Action Pack (of Rails core)
- In Rails 4, through “sprockets-rails” gem
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.