- What is JDBC?
- Database URL
- Step By Step Usage of JDBC API
- Transaction Isolation levels
What is JDBC?
- Standard Java API for accessing relational database
- Hides database specific details from application
- Part of Java SE (J2SE)
- Java SE 6+ has JDBC 4
- Defines a set of Java Interfaces, which are implemented by vendor-specific JDBC client drivers
- Applications use this set of Java interfaces for performing database operations- portability is guaranteed
- Majority of JDBC API is located in java.sql package
- DriverManager, Connection, ResultSet, DatabaseMetaData, ResultSetMetaData, PreparedStatement, CallableStatement and Types
- Other advanced functionality exists in the javax.sql package
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.