What are Providers?
- Providers are a simply a way of extending and customizing the JAX-RS runtime
- Types of providers
- Entity providers: control the mapping of data representations (like XML, JSON, CSV) to their Java object equivalents.
- Context providers: control the context that resources can access via @Context annotations
- Exception providers: control the mapping of Java exceptions to a JAX-RS Response instance
- All providers must be identified by the @Provider annotation
- You can create your own providers – Filters and Interceptors are your own custom providers
You must have an active subscription to download PDF and Lab Zip of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.