Context and Dependency Injection (CDI) (JSR 299) Basics
- What is and Why Dependency Injection?
- What is and Why CDI (JSR 299)? What about JSR 330?
- CDI theme – Loose coupling with strong typing
- Bean definition (in the context of CDI)
- Basic dependency injection
- @Named built-in qualifier
- Stateful objects (scoped objects)
- CDI for Java SE application
What is & Why Dependency Injection (DI)?
- Classes specify what their dependencies are NOT how to obtain them
- “How to obtain” is now handled by the container
- Why Dependency injection?
- Dependency injection makes unit-testing and mocking easier
- Dependency injection allows container to do the bean-discovery and bean-wiring
- Dependency Injection frameworks (containers)
- EJB 3.x
- CDI (the latest, the best, and standard-based)