- What is and Why Sqoop?
- Importing data into Hadoop HDFS
- Importing data into Hadoop Hive/HBase
- Exporting data to RDBMS
- Importing/Exporting to NoSQL (MongoDB)
What is and Why Hadoop Sqoop?
What is Hadoop Sqoop?
- Tool designed to transfer data between Hadoop and external database system
- External database system can be RDBMS or NoSQL
- RDBMS can be any DB with JDBC access: MySQL, SQL Server, Oracle DB
- Data can be imported from or exported to the external database system
- The file form in Hadoop can be
- HDFS file
- Hive table
- HBase table
- By using Sqoop in the workflow of Oozie, data import/export can be automated
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.