- What is Docker Swarm?
- What is a Node?
- Docker Swarm visualizer
- Docker Swarm service
What is Swarm?
- A swarm is a cluster of Docker engines, or nodes, where you deploy services
- The Docker Engine CLI and API include commands to manage swarm nodes (e.g., add or remove nodes), and deploy and orchestrate services across the swarm
- You enable swarm mode for an engine by either initializing a swarm or joining an existing swarm
- When you run Docker without using swarm mode, you execute container commands
- When you run the Docker in swarm mode, you orchestrate services
- You can run swarm services and standalone containers on the same Docker instances.
Docker Swarm Features
- Cluster management integrated with Docker Engine
- Decentralized design
- Declarative service model
- Desired state reconciliation
- Multi-host networking
- Service discovery
- Load balancing
- Secure by default
- Rolling updates
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.