Android UI Dialog
- What is a Dialog?
- Dialog Types
What is a Dialog?
- A dialog is usually a small window that appears in front of the current Activity.
- The underlying Activity loses focus and the dialog accepts all user interaction.
- Dialogs are normally used for notifications and short activities that directly relate to the application in progress.
What is AlertDialog?
- An AlertDialog is an extension of the Dialog class.
- It is capable of constructing most dialog user interfaces and is the suggested dialog type.
- You should use it for dialogs that use any of the following features
- A title
- A text message
- One, two, or three buttons
- A list of selectable items (with optional checkboxes or radio buttons)
- Custom xml format
Download course content