Java 8 Lambda Syntax
- What is and Why Lambda Expression (or simply Lambda)?
- Lambda implementation in Java
- What is Functional interface?
- Lambda expression syntax in Java 8
What is and Why Lambda Expression?
What is Lambda Expression (Lambda)?
- A formal system for “expressing computational behavior” (or “parameterizing behavior”)
- Through functions (function objects)
- Function objects are first-class citizens
- Function object can be assigned to a variable
- Function object can be passed to a method as an argument
- Function object can be returned as a return value
- Many modern programming languages support Lambda expression
- Ruby, Scala, Clojure
- Java 8 now supports Lambda expression
- Biggest language change since Generics of Java SE 5
You must have an active subscription to download PDF,Lab Zip and Recordings of this course topic.Please click the "Subscribe" button or the "Login" button if you already have an account.